Friday 29 October 2010

Fightclub...quite literally

It was a few weeks ago that my daughter (3 and a half) was being bullied at pre-school. By a 3 year old. Her face was bitten, she was poked in the eye and pushed over. Obviously, I was furious initially and could have cheerfully strung the little culprit up by her ears. But then I got to thinking that it's quite sad that that is how she expresses her feelings, when my daughter has ALWAYS got the words to tell you how she feels or what she wants - and I mean always! We popped over to an elderly neighbours house a few days ago for a cuppa and a chat, and The Daughter sat quite nicely for a few minutes listening to us. Until it all became too boring for her, and she leant forwards, flung her arms up in a flamboyant manner and asked "Isn't anybody talking to me?!" Needless to say we were in stitches, resulting in a furrowed brow from The Daughter.
She loves pre-school, and is (usually) full of the joys when I collect her. But if anyone else tries to ask her what she's done during her day, it's like trying to crack a thoroughly trained secret agent. She rolls her eyes and announces "I don't want to talk about it anymore!" A bit like Fight Club - what happens at pre-school, stays at pre-school...

No comments:

Post a Comment